"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Smiling





We got Connie's first smiles this afternoon! Grandpa Beckemeier was unable to visit because he's had a cold recently, but he sent up four balloons from the gift shop along with some toy cars. When they were delivered to the room, Connie's face lit up. He LOVED his "melmo" balloon and thoroughly enjoyed bouncing the balloon off of my face. We snapped a couple pictures and I'll get those on as soon as I can. He was awake a good part of the afternoon and enjoyed seeing some visitors briefly. He fell back asleep around 6pm or so.

While we were sharing stories about cute things he does at home, he picked up on that and started re-enacting or just 'showing off' a bit. I'm no doctor, but I'd say that means he's feeling better. . .The other great news is he ate an entire bag of Baked Lays sour cream and onion chips that he saw sitting on the bedside table! Not exactly my choice or what I have been ordering him, but at this point, we'll take whatever works!

His Lasix worked again today as he had a major soaker diaper. Went through his pajamas and even required a bedding change.

1 comment:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

YAY!!!!
Keep it up Little Buddy!

Loving you from SoCo!
Karin