"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dad posting

Hi everyone, Dad here... I stink at writing so I'll make this short.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for saying prayers for my boy!!!!!

He's been awake for 45 minutes, and he actually woke up HAPPY and PEACEFULLY. He looked right at me and said "monk" while handing me his monkey-luvee. I actually burst into tears unexpectedly. I was deathly afraid of a Michigan repeat where it took him weeks to wake up. The joy in my heart right now is indescribable.

There's still an uncertain road ahead, but I think I'll stay in the moment for now.

Mary Kathleen is staying with grandma Marybelle tonight and Celeste is at swimming lessons. I was dying to get Celeste up here to see her brother before the cardioversion but it didn't work out. If you're reading this Celeste, your little brother is doing great and will be jumping on your stomach again in no time!

Love and eternal gratitude from the Beckemeiers!!

Dad

3 comments:

Aubuchon Family said...

Awesome news, Greg! Keep us informed when you can.

Steve

L. Pappalardo said...

Oh man that's the best news I've had all day! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go to bed until you posted. Good job Connie! I knew you were a strong boy!! Hope you get to munch on something soon!

Love, Lisa and Grant

Faith M. said...

Hey "dad", we are praying for your boy. I know Erin from Heart 2 Heart and we are all praying for a speedy turn around, wisdom for the doctors, healing for Conway, and peace for you and Erin.
Also, I wanted to let you both know about an amazing blog that you might like to read: www.mycharmingkids.net I don't understand all of the electrical stuff with the heart, but the little guy on this blog has had every electrical problem possible and they even did an ablation and he is only 6 months old. Anyway, I think you will really like reading his story. His mom is an amazing writer. In fact, her blog is quite famous.

Sending lots of prayers and hugs,
Faith Mahoney (mom to Maggie Jane HRHS)