"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Unsure

Connie has been squirmy the last couple of hours and I finally got up to see and his monitored HR is stuck at 100 again. It could just be that his heart is healing and he naturally is wanting to drop down some but since his low rate is set at 100 it is just pacing him, OR, he is in flutter again. The nurses and docs noticed it before me and have been analyzing all the p waves and qrs waves throughout, insisting that this looks different than his waves looked when they "knew" he was in flutter when he came in. My only concern, and reason not to take this answer as gospel is, that the only way the flutter has been detected reliably thus far is by interrogating the pacemaker. It hasn't shown up on phone transmissions, it hasn't shown up on monitors and it hasn't shown up on an EKG even. So, before we move out to any floor I've requested that they interrogate him again in the morning or whenever to see what these periods of 100 look like in the devices history. We shall see. I think it's funny that he was squirmy and awake, even before she came in to do vitals. It makes me wonder if he feels funny and with a racing heart he can't sleep.

Now that I got up and talked to them and went to the bathroom, he's taken over the center of the bed! I guess I'm resting in the chair the remainder of the night. . .

No comments: