"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just Another Day

Enjoying some time with no leads/monitors right after bath

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

I can examine myself, thank you very much!

"Can I listen to you?"

Bath Time

of no surprises. Daddy played with Connie this afternoon while I took the girls out for a bit. We swam and shopped for Father's Day goodies. When we got back, we ordered IMO's and ate altogether as a family for the first time in what seems like forever. We went out to the parent lounge on this floor. Of course, Connie only ate saltines, but it was nice nonetheless. We gave the leftovers (and there was a lot b/c Greg always orders too much) to the nurses and docs. They were VERY appreciative and were seen sneaking pieces the rest of the evening. He had a special visit today from his physical therapist, Ms. Deb and her daughter, Allison. Allison also babysits the kids. Allison and her friends have started their own charity called Friends of Hope (I think that's the name) and they used their own money to buy toys for sick kids. Connie and the girls were the first ever recipients of their generosity! Thanks ladies!! What an example of Christian service. I hope our girls are just as thoughtful and giving someday. After some more running in the halls, Connie got a bath and books and prayers and bed. He should only get messed with at 12am and 4am so that is good.

No comments: