Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Update on Infection
We held out on going to the ER for fear of what we might sit next to in the waiting room. His other two chest tube sites also got red and sore looking, but we kept up with applying betadine and triple antibiotic ointment. He was due to get the stitches out at 9am this morning anyway at the pediatrician's office, so that's what we did. Dr. Davis was sure glad to see Connie home after such a short hospitalization. He said that he thought they looked inflammed, but said that is a normal reaction to those stitches. He removed them and gave us a script for Bactriban, which he said is better than neosporin. We filled it and will apply it three times a day to each site until they are healed. Next up. . .Dr. Bromberg on Thursday at 12:30. Thanks for praying. We are kind of holding our breath for Thursday to "make sure" that he's doing as well as we think he's doing.
Posted by Erin Beckemeier at 12:06 PM