"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Maybe a walk later?

Connie had another whole carton of chocolate milk, a yogurt tube, a whole serving of peaches, 1/2 bag of chips and some cookie bites. We're getting healthier bit by bit. He got quite itchy and so got some more benadryl. We're hoping when that wears off he can get up and go for a stroller ride. The nurse said they want him to try to walk to the door. Not sure about that one, but I guess we'll try. He still has two IV's in his feet and one is not flushing anymore so they need to take that out first anyway. I have no idea how they expect him to walk with a line in his foot, but they've done this more than me, right? Tomorrow he'll probably switch over to oral pain meds of oxycodone and tylenol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can use the two IV tubes in his feet to walk him like a marionette.
-your loving idiot husband!

Judy Greer said...

Erin, my name is Judy Greer and am with Farmers Ins. in Bolivar. I met Greg through the candy boxes and he shared this site with me. I have passed it to our daugther who is a nurse @ St. John's in Spfd. she and nursing friends are keeping up with Conway and are all praying for him and you all. Even his sisters need prayer as they miss you all as well. I would like permission to put this site with story on my contacts through Farmers and my face book. Prayers are needed and money as well. I want to do with your permission, what I am able to. God Bless and I will keep checking on Conway. Judy

Anonymous said...

Ok my friend, I am anxiously awaiting your arrival back home.
Hey Greg, Connie's snub was priceless!
I don't know if either one of you have ever explained what that was about, but it was hysterical!!
Brown (Hash Brown)