"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yuck again!

You guessed right. Connie is vomiting again. Tonight at dinner he turned his head when I offered him a bite. He drank 1/2 a cup of soda (not an everyday occurrence but Grandpa said he barely had any wet diaper today and I didn't want him to get dehydrated. I knew he'd drink soda at least so I gave him some in his cup). He commenced to throw up at the dinner table. He played and acted fine. He ate a nutri-grain bar and drank milk and kept it down for over three hours and then all of a sudden, a little cough and some crying and up it all came. He's been getting his antacid so I'm not sure what's going on. Speaking of antacid, I got a letter from Cigna (the world's tightest insurance company) today saying that they will not approve a refill on the prevacid the way it is written. Someone who works there apparently knows how to treat Connie better than his own pediatrician so they've decided he should be taking twice as big of a dose once per day rather than 1/2 the dose 2X per day because it is cheaper that way. Ugh. Not looking forward to dealing with that issue. Please pray that he stops vomiting.

While we're asking for prayer requests, please keep Mary Kathleen in your prayers on Thursday, tomorrow, for her surgery to remove her congenital nevus birthmark from the back of her head. We head down to Children's around 7:45. She's scheduled to be taken in sometime around 10:00-10:30. That's if they proceed. Generally they don't like to put kids under who have any symptoms of a cold/cough. She has been coughing some and has a runny nose on and off. We're not sure if she's actually sick or if it is allergies, especially with the hives she had all last week. They said they will make the call tomorrow and listen to her lungs and check her out thoroughly before proceeding with the surgery. I don't want it postponed after taking the day off and arranging a sub, but I don't want her risks of complications increasing due to an illness when the procedure could be rescheduled. We'll update when possible.

No comments: