"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Steady as a Rock

Conway got weighed this morning and is up another three ounces! Yay! I was starting to stress out a little since he was hovering at that 22 lb mark for so long and debating with myself over whether or not to fortify the daytime feeds to increase his calories or keep his daytime feeds at 180 ml but increase his night time feed back up another 40 or 80 ml. My stress was relieved today when the nurse told me that she calls and leaves a message every week for the GI doctor telling her the weight and if she was wanting us to adjust his feeds/increase his calories, she'd call us or have us come in for an appt. to discuss. I just feel like the pressure is off me now and I can let the doctors decide!

He needs to get to sleep for his afternoon nap (so he's rested for his PT this afternoon) but he is in there just talking away. I think he's experimenting with language a bit and likes to hear himself so I'm not upset in the least. It is actually reassuring that he is doing this. The other day Greg was changing his diaper (yes, he does occasionally do this:) and Connie was rolling all over and hard to wrangle and get the new diaper on. Greg looked at me as if to say, "I wish he would sit still" but I quickly reminded him that we ought to be incredibly thankful that he's finally moving a bit more and wants to get around and explore.

We think he's getting closer to crawling. When positioned, he'll stay on all fours and hold his head up for a few seconds. He's just not the type of kid that is highly motivated to move. He'll reach a time or two for an object that is a ways away from him and if he doesn't get it, he doesn't fret. I guess what I'm trying to say is he gives up easily! Oh well. I guess we just haven't found the right toy to motivate him with yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E -

Chuckling yet again - Connie and Claire weigh the exact same! It's soo good to hear that he's gaining and that you don't have to worry about deciding to make changes. That's what the docs are for. Although I'm sure it's a huge relief to know that there is communication between the various healthcare people caring for Connie. I don't know how you keep everything straight. So many appointments and people and feedings, your organizational skills obviously are being put to the test!

I love all the new pictures, he's getting to be such a big boy, and I'm loving all of MK's hair! And to think she didn't have hair until she was nearly 2. I keep reminding Adam of that b/c Claire's still not showing much with the exception of the stripe down the center, we're certainly not in Connie's boat needing the first cut. She can't stand to have her hair washed, I can't even imagine how unpleasant the first cut will be. I think I'll put it off as long as possible.

I hope your weather is a bit warmer than here, they actually cancelled schools today b/c of the cold (whimpy kids we had to stand at the bus stop in freezing temps!). But then it's going to be 40 this weekend. Crazy weather. No wonder all the germs are hanging around.

Love, Caryn