"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, February 18, 2008

New Toothbrush




Connie got his first "toothbrush" today. It's a little rubber brush that fits onto the end of my finger and it came with some fluoride-free toothpaste. I hesitated to get it because I was pretty skeptical about his willingness to allow me to brush his teeth. Most normal kids aren't too keen about getting their teeth brushed at this age, let alone a kid with the oral aversion issues he's faced. To my surprise, he loved it! The first taste of the toothpaste caught him off guard, you could tell, but he quickly began to enjoy the ticklish feeling he got from me rubbing his teeth and gums. This kid surprises me every day.

He's advancing toward the goal of all feeds being during the day. He now gets 180 mL (six ounces) four times per day and his overnight feeding is 370 mL. We are fortifying the overnight feed to 24 calories/ounce using Pregestimil (a predigested formula added to the breastmilk). His weight has been steadily hovering around the 22 pound mark so we'll see if adding the fortifier to the daytime feeds is on the horizon when the dietician comes this Friday.

1 comment:

H. James said...

Yeah Conway! Way to go with your clean teeth. Maybe you could give Bailey some tips, as toothbrushing is a horrible batle for us. You are so happy in your pictures & it just warms my heart. Hope your feedings continue to go well. We think of you & your family often.
Heather, Tim & Bailey Jame