"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 14, 2009

Michigan Keepsakes

Connie's Grandma Marybelle and the daughter of a friend from church, Hannah Martin, handmade him pillowcases and a blanket for use during his upcoming hospitalization. They are all themed after things he loves--Elmo, Thomas, animals and monkeys! Below are the pics I took of them. Aren't they cute? Thanks Hannah and Grandma! My brother's family from Texas came up for a visit this past week and brought with them a special cross and pocket charm for Connie to take with him too. Thanks guys! There's even a pic of him eating a snack while I took the pictures.




This one even says "brave". . .




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Tell Grandma Marybelle I said hi too! I'd love to send her a letter or something as email not getting through. Take care, we are still praying. Laura in Ohio

Anonymous said...

Angels come in all shapes and sizes. God's work, though mysterious, comes at His will. We've witnessed this today with a $1000.00 donation from a friend of a friend as Erin was contemplating how she was going to come up an additional $10/day to afford a frig while in Michigan. A huge thank you goes out to Jim and Pam. You are proof of God's hands at work.

Thanks to all who will be participating in the Dining to Donate night at Applebee's on 8/24. See you there between 5pm and 8pm.

Donna Beckemeier said...

What a wonderful gift! I know a lot of love went into that.
I sure would have loved to be at the event to give you my love in person, but it's not possible. But know that we love you and keep you all in our hearts and prayers every day.
Can you send me Carol Stadlers email address?