Our little L-TGAer who was to undergo her double switch with Dr. Bove today ended up having her surgery canceled moments before they took her back to the OR. Her parents already had their gowns on and everything to carry her in. An emergency case came in that required ECMO (longer term bypass) and it was the last ECMO unit in the hospital. Dr. Bove did not feel comfortable doing the operation without having one of those units as a backup in case her little body needed it after the surgery. So, now her parents will have to ride the emotional roller coaster a little longer. As rough as it is to be delayed, I'm sure they are relieved that she was not that emergency case. That kind of helps to put it in perspective.
I'll update to let you know when they get a new date for surgery. Dr. Bove was going to try to move some things around in his schedule to try to get them in in about two weeks.
To update a bit on Connie, he's had four nights now of "tough love" where we've been letting him cry and when he wakes up at night we've not been going in. So far, so good. He's down to crying for less than 10 minutes and only waking up once or twice and turning his music back on and going back to sleep on his own. It's such a relief! Now if we can just get him to stop demanding Cheez-its for every meal or snack we'll be getting somewhere!