"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Croup

Connie woke up at 4:15 am today struggling to breathe. He had a horrible, barky cough so I quickly gave him an abuterol treatment. It seemed to make no difference whatsoever. He did calm down a bit to drink some milk and then about two hours later went back to sleep. When he woke up at 8:30 he got another treatment and sounded just as bad so I called the doctor and they said to bring him in since he was pulling a little around the ribs and laboring. I have never heard him sound so rough.

I took him in and Dr. Davis thinks it is croup and a sinusitus. He gave him an oral steroid, dexamethasone, in the office and wrote a script for Azythromycin for the sinus drainage. He said that if the treatments don't work within 20 minutes of giving it, to take him to the ER.

My dad is having a 10 hour back surgery today at SLU hospital so we'd appreciate all the prayers you could send on his behalf.

No comments: