"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update from Blood Work

The nurse called me with the results of Connie's labs today. His white count is not elevated so that translates to the fact that a bacterial infection can pretty much be ruled out. That would lead one to think virus, but Dr. Davis already said he wasn't leaning that way since there are no other symptoms, no one else in the house is affected and since the incidents are so spread out. The tests did reveal that he is slightly dehydrated (surprise! Wasn't the puking the whole reason we called the doctor today?). We are trying to get more in him. Even if that means letting him drink soda (with some clear pedialyte snuck in). We got him some cherry gatorade and he loved that. His digoxin levels were within normal range but they were going to fax them over to Dr. Bromberg and if something was fishy there, they'd call us. I'm going to go ahead and call him myself in the morning, just because it will make me feel better. Tonight, please pray that Connie can sleep soundly and keep today's nourishment in him! I'm almost out of fabric softener anyway and would rather not have three loads of laundry to do at 3:00 am!

No comments: