We saw the pediatrician today. Both Connie and Mook. She's had whatever bug I still have (going on almost three weeks for me) since last weekend and when I called his office last Thursday the nurse told me that if she still had it on Saturday to give them a call. Well, sure enough, Connie woke up with a runny nose and cough today so I went ahead and called and they had me bring them both in. I was glad I did go in because Mookie actually has "a pretty bad looking" ear and he decided to start her on azythromycin. He wrote the script for Connie but said to hold off on filling it until he for sure needed it. His ears are both fine and his symptoms are pretty mild compared to hers. Surprising since he usually gets everything and gets it worse. Maybe this means he won't have to be homebound all winter again like last year. We're keeping our fingers crossed that when we go to the cardiologist on 10/6 that he tells us Connie is okay to be in public from Oct-April. The pediatrician has us coming back for a recheck on 10/6 also and they'll both get their flu shots/mist at that time. We discussed whether or not Connie will be getting the RSV vaccine, Synagis, this year. It is a monthly shot (two actually) from Oct/Nov-Mar/April. The doctors have already been discussing it and they are sort of on the fence. They feel like his risk is much lower than it was last year, but they are keeping in mind that he has complex heart disease and is under two. They are going to write for it, but it all depends on insurance. I'm told the vaccine is close to $2000/injection and they are very stingy with who qualifies for it. Since our insurance is changing 10/1, this may complicate things since that is about the time they look for approvals. I guess we'll wait and see.
We'll keep you posted on everyone's health/upcoming appointments.