"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 3, 2007

Okay, Redirect for a minute

I know this website is titled, Care 4 Conway, but his sister, Mary Kathleen (aka Mookie), needs a couple of prayers said for her too. That pesky birthmark that they call a congenital nevus is changing. We had that scare this past summer about it when they held a dermatology conference to get all those second opinions on it. At that time it was decided that the risk to biopsy the mole at this time (and putting her under general anesthesia) would be greater than the risk of the mole being cancerous. We were told to watch it and come back in a year if nothing changed, to call before then if something did. Well, it's changing. It's not growing larger (I don't think anyway) but it is getting these raised bumps on it. One is larger and looks like a wart. The others are tiny little bumps under the skin to the left of the big bump. It was always smooth before and not raised. So, I called and we are going in tomorrow afternoon to the dermatologist. We are praying that some type of scan can be done before any invasive testing/biopsy/surgery is required. I'll update after we hear something. Thanks for the additional prayers. Geesh, I feel like a prayer hog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
You're in no way a prayer hog! We're all happy to help, b/c some of us, being a little far away, can't offer more than that! Plus, we love you all soo much that offering up prayers is the least we can do to help you get through all of this and to get our miracles answered :) I'm sorry to hear about Mookie's birthmark changing. I remember when you told me about it initially. I hope that the changes don't mean anything serious and that something non-invasive can be used to examine it. Keep us posted. I'm sending you huge hugs via the email waves...

Love, Caryn

Shari said...

Erin:

Know I will be praying as always.

Love to you,

Shari