"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 4, 2009

Take 2

Well, he never fell asleep at 8. He acted again like he needed to poop but was having trouble. It's so hard to get the timing right on everything. We wanted to give him a suppository, but then we don't want him to poop on the cotton balls in his diaper that he hasn't peed on yet. They want to collect the pee (doesn't have to be sterile) to do cultures. No fever or anything, just standard. So, we have to wait for the suppository. Then he was due for his digoxin but she's afraid to give it and then do his needle stick because we don't want him to throw it up. He was acting tired again so I said let's just go ahead and do the stick and then give the dig and then let him sleep. So that's what we did. We sat him up and hung his leg over the side of the bed and she got blood pretty easily from his toe. He cried, but not constantly and not as hard as the times in the past. I think he likes Nurse Molly:) He was so brave he got a basketball sticker and stuck it right on his gown. Now he's watching an Elmo video in bed and thinking about a nap.

2 comments:

H. James said...

Caught up again. I'm at work, so I can't watch the video. My heart is just breaking for you & Connie. It is SOOOO hard to watch our little kiddos suffer and be unable to do much to relieve them.
I am glad he seems to be feeling better and I hope that after so much trouble, you get good results from the labs!
We'll be keepig tabs on you from Wisconsin & hope for good news!

Unknown said...

Erin,

I haven't been checking in on my blog faves lately and missed all this! I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can avoid the Amiodarone, but if you can't, it's not too bad. Eli took 100-200 mg (pretty hefty dose!)from 6 months old until last October at nearly 3 yrs old without any problems. We did have to go have his eyes checked and labs for liver and thyroid regularly.

Anyway, praying for you all~