"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ahhhhh!

I'm sure Connie feels just as good after getting cleaned up as I did after my long awaited shower this evening. Nurse Judy hooked him to a portable monitor and we carried him over to the sink to wash his hair and then he got a wipe down and smells like lavender. If Dr. Bromberg okays it tomorrow to take the leads off he may get to splash around in a little rubbermaid bucket. You should have seen him tonight when I asked him if he wanted a bath. He agreed with his whole body. I don't think he had the same thing in mind as what actually happened. He kind of freaked out having his head under the running water. Probably thought it was some new kind of torture. He cried through the whole thing but settled quickly and is now drifting off to sleep with the music of the hospital calm sounding music channel. What a big day.

He ate more crackers and drank more than a whole serving of orange juice. I can't believe with everything that's been offered to him he prefers saltines, but whatever. Dr. Samples said that kids this age have a way of self-regulating with diet and his body knows what he can handle or what he needs and is taking that in and nothing more. He wouldn't even consider eating one of those smiley faced tater tot things with ketchup.

I just can't explain the relief I feel watching him eat crackers and comment to the TV while he watches Max and Ruby.

1 comment:

Cathy Buford said...

Uncle Jim and I got the news about Conway on our drive home from Destin today and we immediately said a prayer for all of you! We got home a little while ago and I anxiously got on my computer to get an update on Connie's condition. Both of us are just as relieved as you are!!! Please know that we're thinking of you and keeping you and Conway close to our heart in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Aunt Cathy