"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May as well post. . .

because everyone is awake and has been since 2:15am. I finally got him to sleep last night around 11:30 and the nurse came in just after 2 saying he was not settling back down. We rocked, sang, everything. He just can't get comfortable enough or relax. I hate seeing him like this. She said yesterday his respirations were in the 20's and by the evening they were in the 40's. He kicks his legs and feet constantly. Maybe Ritalin is the drug we're missing!?(haha). He wants to sit on my lap, but moves and squirms incessantly so there's no napping for either of us. Nurse Beth needed labs done on him before her shift ended so she went ahead and applied the numbing cream at 3:30 and at 4:30 he got blood drawn. Well, it was more like 5 by the time it ended because he had to get stuck 3 TIMES! She could see the vein with the red light, just couldn't get in it. We tried to distract him with an Elmo movie, but he was still pretty upset. We snuggled a little more in the chair afterward until Elmo was over and now it's 5:40 and I've put him in bed. He looks like he has no intention of sleeping. I don't get it.

3 comments:

H. James said...

Well, crap. That sounds like his heart failure is worsening again. I hope you both get some rest soon.

L. Pappalardo said...

Ugh. Not the update I wanted to read this morning. And, on top of everything, you are running on fumes. I have no meetings set up for today and would be delighted to come up and let you nap for an hour if you need it. We'll talk later this morning. I'm hopeful that maybe, just maybe, you are both sleeping now...

Unknown said...

Erin,
Praying this morning and hoping you are able to catch a bit of rest today.

Thinking of your Connie and all of you as you wait and watch.

(((hugs)))
Lisa in TN
and Eli