"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Backsliding

I left the PICU for a bit to see if me leaving the room would help him fall asleep and realize it was not time to play. When I came back in to check on him I ran into Dr. Bromberg. He asked how he was and I told him he seemed restless and told him about the two bouts of diarrhea he's had tonight and the rash spreading on his chest and trunk. I also mentioned that his breathing seems more like what he sounded like when we came to the hospital and that he's coughing and sounds a little wet when he's laying down flat. He followed me in the room and sure enough, little man wasn't asleep yet. Dr. Bromberg said he thinks he's backsliding. His feet are cold, his liver is bigger and his lungs sound wet. He's putting him back on the Milrinone tonight and going to rethink tonight about the timing for the cardioversion and make a decision. He doesn't want him on the milrinone much longer because he said it's not very good for the heart either.

So, back to square one.

Hopefully once the meds are restarted, he'll get some sleep. . .and momma too.

Say an extra prayer tonight for wisdom for Dr. Bromberg. This decision is a big one.

2 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

My name is Erica and I found your blog from the L-TGA yahoo group (I haven't even introduced myself over there yet). I wanted you to know that I will be praying for Conway and the Dr.'s caring for him. I'm learning so much from your blog. We recently brought home our daughter from China and she has L-TGA. She had OHS to close her VSD and fix a cleft in her mitral valve 6 weeks after we got home (in March of this year).

Praying for you in Alabama...

Erica

http://prayingforyouyou.blogspot.com

Staci Budde said...

Hey guys!
Im so sorry you are having to deal with all of this!! I would love to bring dinner or come sit with you or anything you might need! ANYTHING!! We are fervently praying for Connie and all of your family!!

Love,
Staci Budde
314-277-9018 call ANYTIME!!