"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 27, 2009

They're Done!!!! He's off bypass

The NP just came back in to say they are done. It looks like they repaired the mitral with a ring??? and they are doing his echo now. Dr. Bove will be the next one we will see and he'll give us the full report of what he did/how it went. This must be a good sign that he's done so quickly. She said it will probably be in the next hour that they get done with the echo and close him and then move him up here to the ICU. Once he's in ICU, it will be another hour or so to get him settled and stable enough for us to visit. Praise God!

7 comments:

Sarah Beams said...

Praising God with you!! I have been holding you in my heart each and every moment!! Sending you love, constant prayers and a long-distant hug!
Blessings and Peace -
Sarah

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!
Great news!

Diane said...

That's great news. Andera's surgery went quicker also. Praying for a quick recovery. Way to go Conway.

Diane
Fellow Heart Mom

Aaron and Erica said...

Wonderful news...thank you dear Heavenly Father!

Lisa P said...

Yeahhhh! I've been refreshing your page all morning to make sure I'd get all the latest updates. Spent some time reading about mitral rings for valve support, and it sounds like this kind of repair is done a lot and provides really good outcomes!! I could give you scoop on everything I read, but I have the feeling you are going to be hearing it from the "master" himself very soon if you haven't already!! Keeping fingers crossed for a completely boring and uneventful recovery :-)

Lisa P

stove said...

That's great news! I'm so glad it went so fast and he didn't have to be on bypass long. Looking forward to hearing what Dr. Bove says!

Steph

Donna Beckemeier said...

Almost ready to exhale......
But still holding you all in prayer.