"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grateful

Praise God Connie had a great night. He finally got in a room about 8:45. Despite his roommate's alarms and frequent door opening and closing he seemed comfortable and peaceful. He was agitated and fussy around 5am so they gave him some tylenol and within 20 minutes he was back to sleep.

Dr. Dick (EP) was just in and went over some of yesterday's events and asked what Dr. Aiyagari found. I told him all of it and he said, "Let me tell you a little secret. Whenever you can avoid an operation, do it." Maybe this is all for a reason. Who knows. Maybe they'll say surgery is a no go. He thinks he looks healthy and then asked what meds he was on. When I told him, he said, "Well, he's on all of them already so we'll just have to wait and see what they (Dr.Bove) say." He said he was glad it wasn't him having to make the decision.

3 comments:

Yvonne Mallon said...

It is going to be OK. Dr. Bove will make the right decision. I really liked Dr. Dick. He rounded on the floor when we were up there. And you know what, he made a great point!! Avoid the big OR when you can. Good way to think about it!. So at some point, Connie will need he mitral valve repaired....maybe now or maybe in the future. But leave to them to make the right decision and be thankful for great LV systolic function and that he is looking so good!!
Continuing to send good thoughts and prayes your way.

Lisa P said...

Hang in there. I know this is a tough, indecisive time, but I have to agree that if you can avoid doing surgery now, its a good thing! I know for parents, it always means a state of frustrating limbo when something like this is put off - so hard knowing that its coming at SOME point, but the when is such a challenge. The other good that will come of this is that if you and Dr. Bove decide to wait, I'm sure you will now start to be in closer touch with him and his team for status, etc. I know he'll make a good recommendation - he's seen it all!. Thinking of you all day - just give me a ring if you want to talk!

Lisa P said...

...PS...watch for Lan from Community Relations later today...probably after 4pm