"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 27, 2009

2nd Surgery Update






The NP, Deborah, just came back in and said that he's still stable and doing well and when she was in there it looked like he was "putting the valve in". To me that sounded like a valve REPLACEMENT so I asked if he had to get the mechanical valve. She said that it didn't look like a mechanical valve, it looked more like a ring. She asked me if Dr. Bove had mentioned that to me and I said I'd never heard of it so she was going to go back down and clarify and let me know for sure in the next update an hour from now. She said that a ringed valve doesn't require coumadin!!!! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Kim Froehlich said...

What a brave little boy Erin! Seeing these pictures really shows the reality of what is going on. So far, all of the updates seem very positive!

Will keep praying!

Love Kim