"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, July 13, 2012

We're home!

We rolled into the driveway just after 7:00 to be reunited with the other kiddos. Karsten was so cute. He did really well while we were gone... like it didn't even phase him. He said hello to his brother and then went on about his business. Connie's loose stools improved drastically and he kept everything down most of the way home. Just this side of Springfield he vomited again. I think he started taking in more than a small sip and that triggered it. All the pedialyte and crackers came up. I was a little concerned we might end up needing to get him on some IV fluids, but he's urinated a few times and his eyes aren't sunken in. We'll.call the ped in the morning if he struggles again after breakfast. Looks like heart camp is going to be a reality now and he'll have more time for summer. I also like that the new date is on a Wednesday. I wasn't too crazy about major surgery just before the weekend when staffing seems pared down a bit.

No comments: