Tuesday, September 1, 2009
So, the nurse seemed surprised that they were planning on pulling tubes today so I asked that they double check his drainage numbers because I don't want to withhold food for him until 2pm for them to then decide they are going to leave them in another day. The cardiologist came in and said that he was close to borderline, but she would be conservative and leave them in. They don't like for his output to be more than his weight and his weight is 12.6kg and one tube had drainage of 22, 20, 16 and other numbers greater than his weight. The last thing we want is to pull the tubes today and then have to have more tubes placed tomorrow. So, today will be a play and wait day. Status quo, if you will. If the EP people are happy, he can come off the monitors and even go off the floor and maybe even outside. Too bad I didn't bring him any winter clothes! It's freezing up here. It even got into the 30's overnight! So, we will be patient. We are also increasing his enalpril up to 2ml and keeping him on synthroid (the thyroid med) until he gets home. They want Dr. Bromberg to take him off and then check his levels. Since he's been getting it here already, checking the levels now won't exactly give us a true number.
Posted by Erin Beckemeier at 8:49 AM