"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 5, 2007

Sleep at Last!

Connie got a lot more sleep last night. The trickle down effect was that we did too!He went to bed a little before 8p. He woke up at 11p, 1a, 2a, 4a and 5:30. Two of those times he threw up (one required a change of clothes/sheets) but then he went back to sleep easily. The other times he needed new pants. I'm always shocked when he has poop because I've never heard of a kid pooping in the middle of the night, but then again, most kids aren't eating all night long like him! That's when most of his calories are consumed so it makes sense that that's when he'd need to eliminate.

As I type he just had a huge vomiting spell. At least the tube didn't come up.
Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
This is quite a site! Thanks for the updates. We will as always, continue to pray for Connie's continual forward progress, especially in the area of oral stimulation. He really has come so far, and although we'd all like his progress to move faster, it's all in God's Hands, and in His time. Patience is a virtue, and one I know I need continual work at!

What exciting news that MK pooped in the potty. I'd been meaning to ask you if you'd started potty training, it sounds like it's going well. Claire's new trick is that she understands when we say diaper change, bath and eat, she goes to the appropriate location. It's pretty cute.

I hope you have a great week, we're starting to see the typical fall like weather, coats and sweaters here we come.

Love, Caryn

Anonymous said...

Hello Erin!
I've been following Connie since the day before surgery. I don't even remember where I first heard of Connie, but I've been checking in on him everyday since then. We live in Arizona, and even on a week-long trip to NY, I kept up with him!
The new site is great! I will continue to pray for Connie every single day. From where you've come until now, he is doing wonderful! Even on the days that it feels like a step backwards, keep holding strong! I absolutely LOVE the videos that you've posted so far! It's great to put a squirmy little boys face to all of these words.
God Bless You and your family!

Angela in Arizona