"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Action!

Connie had his Parents As Teachers visit today. He woke up early from his nap with nausea just before she came and wasn't "on" so to speak. He did reach for things and play a little, but acted like he could do without any of the fuss. I think he just wanted to go back to bed so half way through that's where I put him. Mary Kathleen enjoyed it thoroughly as she was introduced to the wonderment of scissors. I was told she "handles them quite well" for her age and experience (lack of). She practiced some more tonight. The other thing they have her working on is using tongs and tweezers to pick up small things. Great fine motor practice!

This afternoon Grandpa George watched them while I went to the grocery store. It was my first time in one since August (Greg's been making short trips here lately). Weird feeling. One I could do without frankly, but the family's gotta eat! I wish I could take a yearly, 3 month sabbatical from grocery shopping. Just not if we have to go through what we've been through just to get out of it. When I got back from the store Connie was more animated and lively-and for a longer period of time-than I've seen him since before the surgery.

I contacted the insurance company (apparently the phones are slower toward the end of the week) today about his Synagis shot to prevent RSV and they told me it could be up to two weeks!! I was livid and called the home health nurse and the pediatrician. Hopefully with them both on it, something will happen sooner.

No comments: