"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 12, 2007

First Steps Meeting

The team from First Steps just left a bit ago. We went over his evaluations and wrote goals for the next six months. We're planning on him eating orally and cruising up and down the couch by then. Seems almost unattainable at this point, but who would have guessed even a month ago we'd be where we are today? The therapists gave us good ideas of ways to encourage him to do these things we want him to be doing and he will receive therapy services (both OT and PT) once/week for 60 minutes each. Additionally, he'll receive nutrition support from the registered dietician once per month and monthly phone calls from the service coordinator.
So, now the real work begins. We just have to hope and pray that his heart tolerates the increased activity. Don't get me wrong. It's not like he's just been lying still since we've been home, but now that they have given me more ideas, he'll be doing more than before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've been following you and Connie for about a month, maybe a little more. I've been excited about his progress. I just wanted to let you know that I pray for him daily. He's such a cutie. I'm glad to hear that he's had a couple nights of good sleep. I'm sure it has helped you too. Take Care. Margie