Friday, May 25, 2012
Dr. Balzer just spoke with us and shared the video from the cath. He is still in the lab waiting for the blood thinners to wear off before removing the catheter. Results from todays test reflect what we saw on echo last Monday, meaning so far everyone is in agreement that we are at the point where surgical intervention is necessary. Now we will wait to hear from team in Michigan on timing. After they get Connie settled in the room he'll have to lay flat for 4-6 hours. Hopefully we'll be discharged by dinner time. Thank you for all the prayers! They are working! He remained calm, excited even, right up until about 10 min before the procedure began. He was crying when they took him into the cath lab. They tell us he won't remember it. I hope they are right.
Posted by Erin Beckemeier at 10:31 AM