"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update on yesterday

When I last posted, Connie was sleeping peacefully. Wouldn't you know we just reinstated the tough love thing at night about 5 days ago and had to ruin our progress? He woke up at 4:30am and I was afraid he might still be sick or feeling ill so I sat in his chair in his room thinking he'd fall right back to sleep and I'd sneak back to my bed. 1/2 hour later, he finally shut his eyes. As soon as I tucked myself in my bed, he was crying and already out of bed! I was so exhausted I just laid with him and he fell asleep about 1/2 hour later. So he was up for a total of an hour, but didn't vomit again. Today he's acted completely normal. Since it didn't even last 24 hours, I'm assuming it was just some weird reaction to the shot he got on Thursday afternoon. Thank you for thinking of him and praying extra hard that this didn't send us down that path, the one that all heart moms know we could be back on at any time.

Also, I have to share a big milestone. Mary Kathleen scored her first soccer goal today. She kicked the tying goal in what was the closest game the Assumption Pre-K girls have had to date. It was a genuine goal too, not just one the goalie happened to let through. Once she scored, she became a totally different little player. She must have gained a great deal of confidence with that shot because she took off and went after that ball with a new sense about her. It was so fun to watch. You'd have thought she won a gold medal or something the way we carried on. Of course, all the parents do that on our team since it is so rare that we actually score!

Tonight we've made s'mores outside and told stories and read books in the tent in the backyard. The plan is for the girls and Greg to stay the night out there while Connie and I remain in the comfort of our own beds. We shall see how long they all last!

1 comment:

Abi's Mom said...

All the best for you and precious Connie...