"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One More Thing

That's what I keep saying to myself. "It's not that bad, it's just that it's ONE MORE THING." Just got back from the pediatric opthamologist who decided Connie needs glasses. That's right, he'll be sporting spectacles after we get back from Texas (we're going for his cousin's baptism). His eyesight has improved, but he is still farsighted and also has mild astigmatism in both eyes. They said that these put him at a higher risk for developing crossed eyes. The doctor who examined him thought Dr. Tychsen would just send us home and bring us back in 6-9 months to check and at that time give him glasses if he hadn't improved. This was not to be. As soon as we get back into town we'll be going back down to Children's to get him fitted for glasses. He has to wear them at all times that he's awake except swimming and bath time. I'm so bummed. Not because of how he'll look or fear that he won't like wearing them. And I know that compared to where we were 10 months ago this is so irrelevant and not a big deal. It's just that it's one more thing. I know it sounds ungrateful, it's just where I'm at.

Baby Cate was called home to meet Jesus. Please remember her parents, Charlie and Ali, and her sister and brother, Ella and Dude (aka Charlie) in your prayers tonight as they mourn the loss of their precious, beautiful little evangelist. In her short 7 months here on earth her story managed to bring countless souls to Christ. God Bless the Cantrells.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin,

Eli has to have eye checks regularly due to his arrhythmia med. It hasn't affected his eyes but the opthamologist has already told us he will need glasses for the same reasons as Conway-probably within the next 6 months.

Argghhhh!! :o)

I hated reading about Baby Cate. I'm so sad for their family. Unfortunately, I've been there with my oldest son. Definitely the most difficult moments of my life.

Take care,
Lisa