"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
--Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Conway is ONE!




Connie is officially one on March 3rd, but we celebrated his birthday on the 2nd. It was a beautiful day weather-wise and all around. Friends and family came from near and far to celebrate this miracle child. He was awake from 10:45am until around 5:30 pm. We tried to let him nap but I guess he was too excited for his big day. He was such a trooper. He let everyone hold him and he was a love bug all day. He sat on the floor and played while I opened the presents and didn't throw up one time on his birthday clothes! Finally after everyone was gone, he slept for about an hour and a half and then went to bed for the night at about 8:30.

I'm falling asleep as I post this, but I knew everyone would be anxious to see his birthday pics.

Here's a movie I made outlining his first year of life. What a year it has been!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Conway! What an amazing video! It's so funny how when I was watching that, I was saying to myself, "Oh, I remember that picture or the posts when she was talking about that", like I was there. I don't even "know" you all, but reading about you all these months has been a true blessing for me. Thank you so much. Kennedy (my March baby) wishes Conway a happy birthday too.

:o) Stacie Kuhlman

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Conway
Happy Birthday to you!

Soo happy to hear that his party went well, what a celebration of God's Blessing! I hope you have a wonderful day, can't believe it was a year ago that you were calling with the exciting news of his birth - my how time flies...

Love, Caryn Adam and Claire

H. James said...

Happy Birthday, Conway!
So great to see you looking well with lots of smiles. We're hoping year number 2 brings a lot more smiles & laughter (and few surprises).
Bailey will celebrate her 2nd birthday on March 9 and unless we have some unexpected bumps, she will do so at HOME!
Enjoy your special day!
-Heather, Tim & Bailey James

Anonymous said...

Conway, I can't believe you are one today! Happy birthday. I was watching that video and it was amazing to me! Hope to see you soon! Tell Mary Kathleen I said hi!

Love,
Lindsey Schweppe

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a piece of art! The video is beautiful Erin.I look at all the different paths and roads you have traveled and I am amazed at your strength and courage. I see how much stronger you have become. You and Conway are both an inspiration for others.
Happy Birthday Conway!
Sincerely,
Michele Reigh

Kim Froehlich said...

Happy Birthday Connie!

My, what a year you have had!! You are such a big boy now and so full of smiles!

Erin & Greg, it is amazing the transformation Connie has gone through. Seeing your postings lately, it almost makes you forget what he has overcome!

What a brave little boy Connie is and how blessed you all are! My prayers continue for him to get stronger every day!

Awesome job on the video too!!! Thanks for sharing Connie's special 1st Birthday!

Love Kim Froehlich

Anonymous said...

I was in tears watching that video, what a journey your whole family has been through in such a short time! God Bless you all and Happy Birthday Connie =)

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday Conway!!!
You are the most amazing little boy and I am so happy that you are doing so well. Watch out world because Conway is coming!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Connie!

I can't believe he has turned 1 already! I am so happy to hear the party went well and that you had a great day!

Love,
Keith, Jennifer, Hannah, and Katie